Thursday, February 10, 2011

it's not wrong

ahmad: mom, at school 2day my fren askd me where is my dad...
me: & wat did u say?
ahmad: i didnt answer him...
me: why?
ahmad: because i'm ashamed...
me: why were u ashamed?
ahmad: because i dont have a dad...
me: ahmad, u have a dad. u have dada.
ahmad: but dada not here wit us...
me: yup, he's not here wit us. but he comes 2 see u wenever he could, kan? u have a dad.
ahmad: but why he dont live wit us? he dont love us?
me: he cant live wit us anymore. because he doesnt wanna be wit me anymore. but he loves u. he always loves u, he told u that, kan?
ahmad: yes...
me: u understand, rite? he loves u but he cant be wit us all the time anymore because he doesnt wanna be wit me. it's not your fault, he loves u. got it?
ahmad: yes, got it.
me: & u must not be ashamed wen people ask u 'bt your dad, ok. u do have a dad. it's just that he doesnt live wit us any longer... & that is not wrong ok...
ahmad: ok...
me: u do understand, rite? it's ok not to have a dad at home... it's ok to just have your mom... mummy syg nani, dada pon syg nani... we love u, it's just that we cant be together anymore... nani paham x?
ahmad: yes... but dada love me kan, mummy? he always told me that...
me: yes... he loves u very much...

Allahuakbar... tis boy is getting smarter day by day. it pains me 2 see him going thru all tis... & there'll be more & more questions, more & more incidents like tis...

but it's ok... insyaAllah we'll face them 2gether, ya sayang...

& yes, it's not wrong not 2 have a dad at home. it's not wrong 2 only have your mom... it's not wrong, my dear ahmad dhani... watever it is, your dada loves u, u must now that...

6 comments:

  1. dgani

    it's not wrong
    you'll only have 1 mommy, and 1 daddy
    and they love you no matter where they are

    muahhssss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. alamak salah eja pulak nama dhani... nak press 'h' tertekan 'g' aiyaaahhhh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's ok dear, insyallah lama2 he will understand more and get use to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sedih plk aku baca! :'(

    but aku mmg tabik springgggg la kat ko cuz no matter what, u still back 'him' up.. wic is so not me.

    m just the opposite, i'll always tell the kids the truth.. cuz to me, if a dad loves his children, he wouldnt do anything that could jeorpadize his own marriage cuz all kids need a normal family with a mom n a dad to live-in happily together. evrybody can say "i love u" but to me, what most important is the act. action speaks louder than words. the greatest gift a dad can offer his kids is to love their mother, to ensure the kids being raised in a happy normal family. n at least, i hope by me educating them that way, will make make them a better husband themselves when they've grown up n to make them know that it's wrong to cheat wives, it's wrong to commit adultery and it's wrong to marry n then simply divorce.

    sorryla aku terbebel panjang.. but that's reality n reality bites. kids are too small to understand, but they will eventually..

    ReplyDelete
  5. my heart goes out to both of you. it'll take time..but he will insya-Allah. takpe la back 'him' up...he's dhani's dad kan. lgpun, bila dia besar nanti, dia akan judge sdr keddudukan sbnr n akan make his own decision. buruk ke baik, wont change the fact. @ least bila ko tak berkata buruk, dhani akan ada mummy yg mmg2 terbaik di dunia ni. (erk, all moms are the best kat dunia ni tau..)

    klu aku kat tpt ikek ke, kau ke..tak tau la nk wat camana ek. korg berdua mmg org2 yg tabah la..tabik!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i agree with all - kids need a normal family with a mom n a dad to live-in happily together.

    ReplyDelete